Monday 12 April 2010

Omar's World of Darkness Campaign

Game System: World of Darkness.
Campaign setting: Chicago, 1986.
Campaign type: Mystery/Action.
Gamemaster/Dungeonmaster/Host: Omar

Title: Family Matters (Hey, usually I don't actually make my titles known, that's just what I called it in my notes. If I knew I was putting it online I'd have put some effort in.)

Plot: The players are (mostly) members of a jury overseeing a high profile murder case the press have dubbed "The Iron Man Killings", where a woman was seemingly bludgeoned to death with a hot iron by her husband. The case seems cut and dry at first but more and more evidence comes to light that shows not everything is quite as it seems.

Comments:
This is going to be a slightly dark introduction to the World of Darkness. You have supernatural elements that can be quite subtle or quite extreme. Vampires, Werewolves, Fae, the Spirit World, all exist in my campaigns, but these all exist in the background, away from the prying eyes of mortals.

The objective of the campaign is to give players an idea of the world they're living in, and slowly immerse them in it, having them slowly uncover more and more of the World of Darkness, at which point the campaign will likely turn more active.

No comments:

Post a Comment